Thursday, October 16, 2008

A new car now?

On Tuesday (10/14) my car broke down while I was on my way home...long story short, I was concerned that the problem to fix was going to cost more then the car is worth. The Kelley Blue Book value for the car is only about $3K for my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I bought in 2000 with 152K miles on it...knowing we just bought a travel trailer, we weren't looking to buy a new car either. Anyways, it ended up just being a loose hose the sprayed transmission fluid all over the undercarriage, front tires, and the rear end of the car. The cost for this fix is $300...YEAH, no new car!!! The hope is that it last another good year or two, then we'll revisit buying a new car...maybe a new minivan (Toyota Sienna) like my cousin has:)

So yesterday and today I'm driving a rent a car that barely fits myself with two car seats and the boys in it...thank goodness on my way home today, I'm picking up my car. Philip would have to be strapped to the roof to go anywhere with us:) I wouldn't last any longer in the Chevy Aveo; good on gas I'm guessing, bad on toting families/car seats/ and strollers!!!

Look for pictures of our travel trailer over the weekend.

No comments: