Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers! With a little coaxing to say 'go tell Daddy Happy Father's Day', Jordan came downstairs and gave Daddy their card and had Philip go out into the garage to open up his present...the boys got him a Craftsman 16 Gal. wet/dry vac with a couple of additional accessories that weren't already a part of the box. He was very excited and of course the first thing that came to his mind was that he could clean the cars and the trailer, but I of course thought the house too:-) (NOTE: See the new pictures of all of the boys down the right hand side of the blog)

Yesterday we went to Spooner Farms and bought like 4 flats of strawberries...we were down to 2 bags left in the freezer from last year. Philip spent yesterday evening and the rest of this morning, washing and cutting them to put in the freezer. The strawberries smelled so good I had all I could do not to continuously eat what he cut! We also bought a couple of things of cherries off the side of the road for $2 (we got 'robbed'); the amount seemed very small and I all about ate them yesterday...Philip had to take them away from me so he at least got to try some too:-)

Today was the last day of school for me...I'm taking the summer off as I feel a little bit burnt out as well as the price for this next year has gone up which means more $ out of my pocket:-( I figured I'd cut down to 3 classes per year and have work reimburse me for them...it's not like I'm in any significant hurry for any reason. I'm just excited not to have to worry about homework & stuff! I've got 9 classes done w/only 7 more left...YEAH! That'll be a celebration!

Philip had a trailer load of firewood dropped off on Saturday; this is our plethora of on-hand firewood to take with us when we go camping so we don't have to buy any while we are actually camping. It gets pretty expensive to buy the bundles from the campsites themselves, but of course they are just trying to make $. He built some firewood stands by looking at projects online and got it done last weekend...he's a pretty savvy guy to have around (guess I'll keep him)!:-)

No comments: