Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Promotion!

I was promoted at work 2 weeks ago...yeah, I know you thought I would've told you all sooner then this, but I guess it's just not important in the scheme of things!

Anyways my new job title is Program Manager-Revenue Accounting. I'm still in my same group/dept., but my job duties have changed from being a month end accountant, balance sheet recons, and journal entries to actually working on the projects the impact revenue and cash accounting. Since you still need to understand the accounting side, it's a perfect match for me in that I get out of the month end rut and move into working to get new/updated initiatives implemented and worked into our group. I basically am creating a new set of skills related to program management.

Until they hire someone to replace me, I'm basically working two jobs; split each month between my old role and my new role. I'm excited and totally looking forward to my new role and the new set of challenges it will bring!

No comments: